Over on my Instagram...@lego_bird's #wickedweekendtarotchallenge

Over on my Instagram.......On day two of @lego_bird’s #wickedweekendtarotchallenge, the participants could cast is the “Goddess of the dead spread.” Instead of using tarot cards, I used two (2) oracle card decks: (1.) Botanical Inspirations, and (2.) Compendium of Constellations.




FIRST POSITION: GHOST- What am I holding onto that must be released? (1.) Violet (2.) Taurus (strengthen). I’ve been holding back my magnificence relating to domestic, creative, and material skills. Limiting beliefs of ancestors forced me to hide my sparkle beneath the veil of humility. What a terrible mind virus to inherit. Now I know better. Now I know that I can toot my own horn without taking on the fear of my ancestral past. Shine like a diamond. Lean it. Whatever. I’ll be my true self, exhibit my works/talents, and live freely—unapologetically.  

SECOND POSITION: UNDEAD- What walks among us? (1.) Bellflower (2.) Draco (guard). Ah. Now this card combination, as an answer to this question, has a bit of a sinister nature to it. What walks among us? What slithers among us in plain sight yet without our true knowing? It’s falsity of self. Hypocrisy. All that glitters is not gold. There are people among us who have the spirit/energy/disposition of selfish, terror-inducing reptiles. But, just as the goddess Venus was able to use a magic mirror to transform anything which gazed upon it beautiful, these people transform into beautiful-looking beings. They hide behind what mainstream, spirit-lacking society considers beautiful: Remarkably charismatic manners to charm others (but for nefarious purposes) a la hypnotic snake; And, incredible access to wealth, high technology & resources (think a dragon who hoards gold & trinkets instead of releasing them into the stream of commerce where they belong). I’m being figurative, not literal, of course. Or, perhaps I’m not. As the observable facts change, my interpretations may change. May I never have dealings with such undead beings.

THIRD POSITION: SPIRIT- Who watches over me? (1.) Forget-Me-Nots (2.) APUS (imagine). Ancestors on both sides (paternal line is European, maternal line is Asian-European) of my family watch over me. In particular, the warriors and warrior-spirited ancestors have watchful eyes upon me. My father, retired USAF, guides me with his clever mercurial-intellect. And, folks on the shamanic-Filipino side of my family watch over me but I can’t feel their influence as much seeing as I was raised as a mainstream Christian instead of being taught “the family magic.” I do know that many women in that bloodline were incredibly strong in mind and body. And, just like my father, they fought tyranny & oppression as best they could. They may have not been able to prevent the Spanish occupation of the Philippines, but they at least stuck Ferdinand Magellan pretty good. Heh.

FOURTH POSITION: ANCESTORS- What does my house of spirits want from me? (1.) Sacred Lotus (2.) Crux (divinity). I went through many muddy situations in this physical reality in order to arrive at the place where I started but only just now remembered: That I am divine. I’m trained to be able to look back into my past to extract information I need but with an emotional detachment. In particular, the shamanic-Filipino bloodline doesn’t want me to give up on researching and re-discovering their pre-Catholic practices/wisdom. Almost everybody who knew about the abilities my family had (by the way, they used their powers for goodness and healing) are dead, on death’s doorstep, or won’t speak of it. They want me to continue to do good work and help people. Because, doing such a thing is noble and needed.

FIFTH POSITION: INSANITY- What makes me feel crazy? (1.) Trumpet Gentian (2.) Scutum (safety). It drives me crazy when I can’t protect/shield and heal people. Related: It drives me crazy when I’m in a leadership position and I can’t shelter, guide, and/or nurture the group.

SIXTH POSITION: MADNESS- What do I discover amidst madness? (1.) Yellow Rose (2.) Canis Major (dominance). Madness teaches me that when I can let go of my natural inclination to dominate, friendship & cooperation bloom.

SEVENTH POSITION: DARKNESS- What creativity lies in darkness? (1.) White Rose (2.) Mensa (obstacle). Difficulties and hurdles (which can trigger the emergence of the Shadow self) can be the very things which bring forth new creations. Sure, the Light side of life/archetypal situations can inspire creators. But, creators are whole beings. A whole being has the Light and the Shadow. So, the Shadow side has its value, too. Imagine a particularly ‘dark’ painting (the colors of paint used evoke feelings of sadness or unease) of a human figure hugging themselves. They’re hugging themselves on the floor of a creepy forest. Alone. Imagine that the creator of that painting was inspired to create it after a bout of situational depression. And now imagine that the painting is being placed up on a gallery wall. The volunteer, who themselves is suffering a bout of depression, remarks that the painting perfectly captures their inner world. Their inner turmoil. Sure, it doesn’t heal them. But, that person knows that they aren’t alone. They know that at least one other person in the world can understand what they’re going through. That is the creativity that lies in darkness.

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

LIST OF READING SERVICES

Wednesday Tarot/Oracle Swap with Ella.

Friday Oracle Readings: Will they reconnect, "Yes" or "No" asked by HL.